Keratsini is a huge suburban area of Piraeus and also component of the Athens city complex. The distance from the facility of Athens has to do with 11 km. The location was previously a farmhouse, however it was strongly urbanized, mainly after the 1950s. The main square of Evgenia is decorated by the sculpture of the Asia Minor, which was put up in memory of the evacuees from the Asia Minor Disaster cleared up in the location. Pavlos Fissa Method is the business district of the city with many stores.
The Ancient Times
Main Entrance: I am
The first settlement of the District was improved the hillside of Agios Georgios Hillside at a factor favorable to the opportunity of raids and visibility mixed-up. The foundations next to the church of St. George and also the various finds offer proof that the first settlement in the area was built around 3000 BC. The name of the area was Thymedata and was neighboring with the piratical negotiation of Heracles, both of which belonged to Ancient Athens. The settlement was located on the present Avenue of Democracy, which attaches Piraeus, Keratsini and also Perama as well as the center of Athens. It is guessed that Theseus developed his ships there, based upon Plutarch's recommendation to the Parallel Life. The site was abandoned temporarily when Xerxes resolved there.
The background of the District throughout the Roman and also Oriental periods is unidentified. In the 17th century, on the hill of Agios Georgios was constructed the very first church in the name of Saint Nicholas. The monks of the monastery of Agios Spyridon called the location from Agios Dionysios (old limits) to capital of Agios Georgios Agriamen. Nevertheless, this name did not dominate. The official name, both in Ottoman and also Greek papers, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the last being more prevalent. The first one dominated in the Modern Greek periods. The name Keratsinion is an intricate word from the Kerathia that sprouted there and from the name of the owner of the whole region from capital of Agios Georgios to the Manitica as well as from today's cemetery of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called https://www.washingtonpost.com/newssearch/?query=keratsini Ginis or Gynis.
Throughout the Greek Transformation, Georgios Karaiskakis, that built the fortifications in Tabouria, resolved in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was ruined by Kioutachis Pasha as well as stayed deserted till 1830. In 1836 the occupants began to clear up once again and also in 1840 the area (now called New village of Tseratsini) belonged to the District of Athens. In 1870 it ended up being an independent neighborhood called Keratsini Village. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, constructed a temple next to the church of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the website was renovated and exchanged a monastery. In 1963, the holy place was ruined as well as a boy was integrated in 2000. Annually, the "Karaiskakia" is organized by the Holy Church of St. George, wanting to recognize the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis.
After the arrival of the evacuees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the area was transformed right into a town called the Community of Tabouri. Later on it was relabelled to the Municipality of Agios Georgios Keratsini, and from 1936 to 1947 the town was called the Community of Amfialis on the effort of the then mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 the here and now name was developed, the Town of Keratsini.